Professional Scrum Master (PSM® I) Prep Course
Learn Agile and gain the Professional Scrum Master (PSM®) Certification from Scrum.org
In the face of ever greater competition more and more IT companies are adopting agile methods, modeling and practices to their advantage. Implementing the appropriate agile framework, however, is crucial. One of the most valuable agile certifications is the Professional Scrum Master (PSM®) Certification from Scrum.Org.
Our 2-day prep course helps participants understand certification domains, explore real-world cases and discuss some additional material useful for both passing the certification exam and for actually applying the agile and Scrum principles and practices. Even though participants in our courses have a very high pass rate, our certification program is not just about getting participants certified, but is designed to also ensure that they are ready to start using agile practices in their projects. The examples and details will be adapted to better suit the background and interests of the seminar participants.
This training program has three main sections:
1. The Agility Concept: the real meaning of agility and adaptation and the reasons it can work better for certain projects. Different types of false agility commonly found in companies and the problems it creates are also discussed so that participants will be able to prescribe solutions for fixing their problems and enhancing the performance. In this section we cover:
- Agile approaches
- Product development
- The difference between Scrum and traditional product development approaches and situations in which Scrum is appropriate
2. The Scrum framework: roles and responsibilities, events, and artifacts. The A to Z of the Scrum framework, the simplest, yet most effective of agile frameworks is discussed:
- Scrum framework review
- Roles, artifacts, activities
- Case study
- Scrum Master roles and responsibilities
- Estimating and valuing work
- Planning and monitoring Scrum work
- People and teams: core values of Scrum
- Colocation, context switching, team dynamics
- Team culture
- Coaching teams
- Scrum Master’s Characteristics
- Scrum in large organizations
- Scrum and organizational change
- Scaling Scrum
3. Exam Preparation with simulated exams to ensure that candidates will pass the exam and get certified.
Registration Form (.pdf 850 KB)
- Handouts, which are professionally designed in accordance with best practices to to maximize learning and interactivity.
- The Scrum Master Training Manual e-book, which explains the framework and can be used as a reference after the course.
- Flashcards, useable on mobile devices, to help candidates learn or review important exam topics.
- Access to our video learning system, mostly useful for those who miss a part of the in class training, or who would like to review before the exam some of the material covered during the training.
- Access to our online simulated exams. Our training package comes with complete simulated PSM exam. There are four simulated exams with complete feedback (explanations for each question) in this package. Two of them will be practiced in the course and the rest will be available to the participants as extra.
|Instructor||Nader, K. Rad, BSc, MSc, PMP, PRINCE2, CSM, PSM, Agile PM, PMI-ACP, Nicos Kourounakis, MASc, MBA, PMP, PRINCE2, IPMA-D, PM2 Cer|
|Prerequisites||A basic knowledge of project management is recommended but not required.|
|Who should attend||Future Scrum team members, analysts, architects, programmers, testers, business stakeholders who collaborate on IT projects|
|Certificate of Attendance||Yes|
|Certification Track||Scrum, PMP|
|Continuing Education Credits||16 PDUs|
|Available to Buy Online||No|
|Days and Hours||Start Date||End Date||Hours per Week|
In this section:
The PMI Registered Provider logo
is a registered mark of the
Project Management Institute, Inc.