1st Pan-Hellenic Convention of Private Schools
The Founders Association of Greek Private Schools in cooperation with the Hellenic American Union is organizing the 1st Pan-Hellenic Convention of Private Schools on the general subject area: "Private Education and Development"...
The 1st Pan-Hellenic Convention of Private Schools, to be held February 14 & 15, 2014, at the Hellenic American Union, shall focus on the following issues:
- Drawing attention to the autonomous school unit as the basis for modernizing the educational system as a whole and fostering social and economic development in today’s Greece;
- Decentralizing the schooling system and liberating public and private schools from the stifling grip of state centralization and the red-tape stranglehold of bureaucracy;
- Eradicating distortions in the private schools operational framework;
- Curriculum and evaluation in the autonomous school unit;
- Presentation of a study by IOBE (Foundation for Economic & Industrial Research) venturing a comparative analysis of cost per student between public and private schools, aiming to draw inferences as to the effectiveness of public resources allocated in the operation of today’s public schools;
- The educational voucher: a tool proposed in order to ensure the effective management of resources allocated to primary and secondary education as well as to safeguard the parent’s right to choose a school for his or her child in accordance with the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights.
View the Convention’s full schedule (in Greek) (166 KB)
|Organizer||Founders Association of Greek Private Schools, Hellenic American Union|
|Venue||Hellenic American Union Theater|
|Opening||Friday: 17:00-21:00, Saturday: 9:00-14:30|
|Admission Fee||Admission is free|