Open school alliance
A panel discussion on the rules and limits of school autonomy...
Hellenic American College/Hellenic American University continues its series of lectures on "Ideology, Education, Competitiveness and Mass Media" with a panel discussion entitled “Open School Alliance – Rules and Limits of School Autonomy.” The discussion has been organized to highlight the importance of the autonomous school as a self-governed educational body that functions within a specific framework and on the basis of principles, evaluative standards and continuous assessment.
Assessment is essential to maintaining autonomy. But how are the results of the school’s operations measured? What is the role that the administrative bodies, senior officers, teachers’ unions, parent associations and student organizations have and should have in school governance? What are the limits to the intervention of each, and how is their effectiveness assessed?
Keynote speakers are:
- Thanos Veremis, Historian and Professor Emeritus, University of Athens;
- Georgios Th. Kalkanis, Professor, University of Athens, former President of the Management Committee of Pioneering & Experimental Schools;
- Alkis I. Panagiotopoulos, Secretary General of the Board of Directors of the Founders Association of Greek Private School;
- Kostis Kontogiannis, Director of the 1st Pioneering & Experimental High School
- Zoi Apostolopoulou, Lawyer, LLM European Law, International Relations Specialist, Member of the Parents’ Association of the “Maraslio - Athens University Pioneering Experimental School”
Athanasios Papandropoulos, Executive Director of the Greek Section of the Association of European Journalists will be coordinating the discussion. Leonidas Phoebus Koskos, President of Hellenic American University, will make a few introductory remarks.
The event is organized by Hellenic American College / Hellenic American University in cooperation with the Greek Department of the Association of European Journalists.
Seats are limited. For reservations and more information on the series, please visit http://dialog.haec.gr/
|Organizer||Hellenic American Union, Hellenic American College (HAEC), Greek Department of the Association of European Journalists|
|Venue||Hellenic American Union Theater|
|Type||Talk - Presentation|
|Participants||Thanos Veremis, Georgios Th. Kalkanis, Alkis I. Panagiotopoulos, Kostis Kontogiannis, Athanasios Papandropoulos, Leonidas Phoebus Koskos|
|Admission Fee||Admission is free|