10 ways to read quickly and efficiently
- Always read in the proper lighting conditions. Ideally, there should be as much natural light as possible.
- Pay particular attention to your reading position. When you read, your body should be in an upright position to ensure alertness and focus.
- Angle the reading material at 45 degrees to ensure comfortable eye contact with the text.
- Try to avoid spaces where there is noise or a lot of people distracting your attention.
- Make sure the reading environment has the proper temperature and is properly ventilated.
- Consider your reading purpose. The more you know what you can expect to get out of the particular text, the more you will understand what you read.
- Look at the front cover, back cover, information about the writer, table of contents and other material for important information,
- Scan the text for potentially important pieces of information (graphs, dates, chapters, names).
- Read the text from beginning to end without interruptions, without keeping notes or highlighting and without going back to those parts you believe you haven’t understood well.
- Read the text again at a flexible reading rate. Go quickly through the parts you do not consider important and focus on those parts requiring your focus and attention for maximum comprehension.
Last Update At: 2009/08/04 - 13:42:52