Temple of Artemis Agrotera and the Ilisos River
The EcoFans Club visited the Artemis Agrotera temple site and participated in a joint effort with other NGO’s and NPO’s to clean the banks of the Ilissos River.
In the first part of the event, the EcoFans team visited the Artemis Agrotera temple site and:
- observed and recorded the site’s current condition
- discussed and exchanged views with local citizen’s groups on actions taken to protect the archaeological monument
- were inspired by and discussed about the 2500 year anniversary of the battle of Marathon which is historically connected to the monument
For the second part of the visit EcoFans members, their parents and their guests explored the banks of the Ilissos River where they:
- discussed the role and significance of the Ilisos River in antiquity and in present times
- participated in joint action with other NGO’s and NPO’s cleaning the banks of the river
Click on image to enlarge.