Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) (Certificate in Advanced English - CAE)
Cambridge English: Advanced, also known as Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), is a high-level qualification in English for demanding academic and professional situations that is officially recognized by universities, employers and governments around the world. Introduced in 1991, the test was revised following extensive research in 1999 and 2008; these changes have allowed the exam to keep pace with developments in language teaching and testing while ensuring that the exam remains reliable, relevant, and candidate-friendly.
Cambridge English: Advanced is targeted at Level C1 on the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) scale. Candidates can choose to take Cambridge English: Advanced as either a paper-based or a computer-based exam.
It is typically taken by high achievers who want to:
- follow an academic course at university level
- communicate effectively at managerial and professional level
- participate with confidence in workplace meetings or academic tutorials and seminars
- carry out complex and challenging research
The CAE is officially recognized in Greece by the state (ASEP/Supreme Council for Civil Personnel Selection) and the private sector as a C1 level certification of English language competence.
Cambridge English: Advanced is accepted by more than 3,000 organizations, employers and governments around the world as a reliable, accurate and fair test of English.
- Academic support for Language School Owners and language teachers
- CAE Format and Content
- Mandatory Test Day Photography
- The Cambridge English Scale