Commitment to Quality
The Hellenic American Union organized its first language-competency examinations in 1957 – its year of establishment – when it was appointed by the University of Michigan as its official representative for the ECPE in Greece. Since then, it has been administering open and fair examinations in Greece and abroad for the University of Michigan (ECCE, ECPE, MET, MELAB, YLTE), Hellenic American University (BCCE™, ALCE™, STYLE, ETECT), the Educational Testing Service (TOEIC®, TOEFL®), Cambridge English Language Assessment (YLE, KET for Schools, PET for Schools, FCE for Schools, CAE, CPE) and the Centre for the Greek Language (Examinations for the Certificate of Attainment in Greek).
The language examinations that are planned and organized by the Hellenic American Union Center for Examinations & Certifications are complemented by the support it provides to candidates, foreign-language schools, and teachers through a variety of original initiatives such as the following: on-line and printed periodical publications and resources; on-line exam registration mechanism; open seminars and targeted training for language-school owners and teachers; the Eco Fans Network for language-school students.
Whether it concerns examinations or support to stakeholders, the Hellenic American Union Center for Examinations & Certifications always places emphasis on the quality of services it offers. To this end, the Center applies a quality management system to all its functions and processes using the following means:
- Systematic, objective, and rigorous selection, training, and evaluation of all exams personnel in accordance with the regulations of the respective examination bodies
- Closely-monitored administration of all exams
- Standardized rules and guidelines for all examination processes
- Systematic, innovative, and needs-based support to candidates, foreign-language schools, and teachers
ISO 9001:2008 certificate
Τhe Hellenic American Union Center for Examinations & Certifications has been awarded by TÜV HELLAS - member of TÜV NORD Group – with the certificate ISO 9001:2008 for its following activities:
- "Planning, organization, and administration of examinations"
- "Provision of services to candidates, foreign-language schools, and teachers"
With the above-mentioned ISO certification, the Hellenic American Union Center for Examinations & Certifications is currently the only examination administration entity in Greece with a certification specialized in the provision of complete examination services.