Practical Information about the TOEFL iBT®
How can I register?
You can register online anytime through the ETS official website. If you wish to be examined at the Hellenic American Union testing sites in Athens or Thessaloniki, you have to register as promptly as possible in order to secure a seat.
When do I get my results?
- Results are available online at the ETS official website, approximately 10 days after your test date. Scores are mailed directly to the Universities or Colleges of your choice, unless you have canceled your scores on the test day. TOEFL iΒΤ® certification is valid for two years; after this period, it would be necessary to retake the test.
- The Hellenic American Union does not have access to, does not make public, and does not maintain any record of candidates’ results. Candidates should address any such requests to the ETS.
How can I cancel my test?
At the end of the test session, you will be given the option to cancel your scores. It is important to know that:
- You cannot cancel your score for one section of the test.
- No refund will be made.
- There is no extra cost for score cancellation procedure.
How can I have my test rescored?
Within three months after your test date, you can request to have the Speaking and/or Writing section rescored. It is important to remember that:
- Only one rescoring request per administration can be submitted.
- The results of the score review process will be available online through the ETS official website, approximately three weeks after ETS receives your Rescoring Request Form and fee.
Who recognizes the TOEFL iBT®?
More than 8,500 Universities, Colleges, Institutes, and educational organizations throughout the world use the TOEFL iΒΤ® in order to place students in graduate or postgraduate programs.
Where can I learn more about taking and registering for in the test?
Useful information about the examination process is available at the 2015-2016 Information and Registration Bulletin.