TOEFL® ITP (Institutional Testing Program)
When you need an easy and reliable way to determine the English-language skill level of your students, TOEFL® ITP is the answer.
Designed by the creators of the TOEFL® test (Test of English as a Foreign Language™) the TOEFL® ITP, Institutional Testing Program for English Proficiency, is a quick way to evaluate:
- students proficiency
- the quality of your English-language learning programs
TOEFL® ITP is used for internal purposes to fill the need of language schools, universities, educational organizations and others to administer quality English assessments for the purposes of:
- Placing students in language classes
- Measuring student progress
- Evaluating programs
- Determining level of faculty or staff proficiency
TOEFL® ITP consists of paper-and-pencil tests
- is composed of previously administered TOEFL® pBT questions
- assesses intermediate to advanced knowledge of English
- is about two hours long
- evaluates your students’ academic English skill levels in three areas:
- Listening Comprehension measures the ability to understand English, including short and long conversations and short talks or lectures.
- Structure and Written Expression measures the ability to recognize standard written English.
- Reading Comprehension measures the ability to read and understand short passages at university level
Currently, more than 1,500 institutions worldwide administer TOEFL® ITP and that number continues to grow. Why is this test so popular?
- Administration is flexible
- You use your facilities and staff, and set your own test dates and times
- You can test groups of any size
- Multiple forms can be used
- Reliable scores are provided from ETS, the largest test developer in the world
- Scores are reported within a short period of time
TOEFL® iBT vs TOEFL® ITP
Even if TOEFL® ITP is an academic assessment that measures the academic English level of students (as the TOEFL® iBT or pBT does) it should not be used for the same purposes as the official TOEFL® test. TOEFL® ITP scores are for internal-use only and should not be reported to third parties.
For more information you may contact us at:
T: +302103680900, +302310557600
F: +302103634200, +302310553925