The Hellenic American Union Center for Examinations and Certifications provides equal opportunities to everyone and prohibits any type of discrimination concerning race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, or natural disability.
All parties involved in the examinations (examinees, examiners, proctors, and test center coordinators) must comply with the regulations of the test developer and the Hellenic American Union Center for Examinations and Certifications.
Participation in the examination procedure constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of the examinations regulations. Examinees that do not comply with any of the following regulations or the examiner’s, proctor’s, or test center coordinator’s instructions will be disqualified, their tests will be invalidated, and they will receive a failing grade. Examination fees will not be refunded.
The following regulations are binding for all parties involved in the examination procedure:
University of Michigan’s and Hellenic American Union’s rights
- The test developer and the Hellenic American Union reserve the right to take photographs, videotape or record parts or the whole of the speaking test or written test procedure for research and/or quality control purposes. Examinees will be informed accordingly before the start of the test.
- The Hellenic American Union reserves the right to change the date, time and/or venue of the examination in the case of extenuating circumstances which hamper the smooth administration of the examinations and/or put at risk the examinees’ safety. Examinees will be informed accordingly before the start of the examination administration period.
Fairness and security
- The examination material and its use are protected by intellectual property laws. The recording or publication of any examination material without the previous written consent of the test developer is strictly prohibited.
- It is strictly prohibited to take into the examination room any mobile phones, cameras, laptops, or of any other information storage and retrieval device. Use of any of the above-mentioned devices in the examination room will be considered as a potential threat to the examinations’ impartiality or confidentiality and a deliberate attempt to jeopardize the security or integrity of the examinations.
- Use of notes, books, dictionaries or other aids, whether relevant to the examination procedure or not, is strictly prohibited in the examination room.
- Copying examination answers from other examinees using any means is strictly prohibited. Examinees giving or receiving answers or using notes or other aids will be disqualified. Collaboration, discussion and exchanging notes or other objects with other examinees are prohibited.
- Videotaping and/or recording of any part of the examination procedure or material is strictly prohibited.
- The Hellenic American Union reserves the right to use any legal means available in order to ensure the security of the examinations and the strict observance of the regulations.
- Any effort on the part of examinees to claim or gain an advantageous position or receive preferential treatment over other examinees before, during, or after the examination is strictly prohibited.
- The behavior and conduct of examinees during the examinations should be appropriate and under no circumstances should it disturb the rest of the examinees or the examiner or proctors in the examination room.
- On the day of examination, examinees are required to have a valid Greek or Cypriot ID, or passport, or a temporary ID issued by the Municipal or Police Authorities bearing a stamped photograph. Candidates who report to the test center without one of the above documents will not be allowed to enter the examination room.
- Examinees are required to report to the test center at least 30 minutes prior to the beginning of the examination.
- Examinees are not allowed to choose their seat. Seating will be assigned by the examiners. The Hellenic American Union Center for Examinations and Certifications staff in charge of the examination room reserve the right to change examinees’ seating arrangement during the examination.
- Examinees are required to remain in the examination room throughout the examination. Examinees may not leave the examination room without the Examiner’s permission. Examinees that have the Examiner’s permission to leave the examination room will be escorted by one of the proctors, who will remain with them for the duration of their absence and will escort them back into the room. The test materials of these examinees will be submitted to the Examiner and will be returned to them once they are back in the examination room.
- At the end of the examination, examinees must submit their completed answer sheets to the proctors, along with all test materials.
- Examination fees are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- After the examination schedule has been made available to examinees, examinees requests for changes to the date, time and/or venue of the examination cannot be satisfied.
- Smoking and the consumption of food and drinks, other than water, are strictly prohibited in the examination room.
- Breaks are not allowed during the examination.
- No one is allowed to leave the examination room during the examination.
In this section:
Where to find us
Center for Examinations and Certifications
Switchboard: +30 2103680000
Fax: +30 2103634200