What will I learn?
Through this course, you will develop:
- your accuracy and fluency in speaking and writing
- your awareness of the writing process
- your reading sub-skills
- your listening sub-skills
What is the level of this course?
This course aims at the A1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). Students can:
- understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type
- introduce themselves and others, ask and answer questions about personal details such as where they are from, where they live, what is their profession, exchange information about family members, other people they know, things they have
- interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly, clearly, and is prepared to help.
How long does it last?
The course lasts one academic year. The non-intensive term lasts 30 weeks (2 three-hour sessions) and the intensive term lasts 12 weeks (5 three-hour sessions). Lessons begin at 10 minutes past the hour scheduled. Each lesson includes 1 twenty-minute break.
What are the components of the course?
The course content includes reading, writing, listening, and speaking components.
What other courses is this course a requirement for?
- ‘A2 Low Intermediate’
What coursebooks will I use?
The main coursebook for this course is the HAU-published Ξεκινώντας. During the first session, the instructor will outline the material to be used.
We expect that you will:
- Participate actively in all class activities and discussions and follow your teacher’s instructions.
- Submit assignments before or on the deadline set by your teacher. Exceptions to this policy will be considered on an individual basis.
- Attend every lesson on time. Your course status may be affected if you are absent for more than thirty (30) hours.
|Prerequisites||No placement test is required.|
|Who should attend||Adults who are at least 16|
|Certificate of Attendance||Yes|
|Available to Buy Online||No|
|Days and Hours||Start Date||End Date||Hours per Week|
|Monday & Wednesday: 10:00-13:00||10/10/2016||01/02/2017||6|
|Tuesday 7 Thursday: 10:00-13:00||21/02/2017||16/06/2017||6|