Advanced Conversation Course
What will I learn?
Through this course you will:
- develop your accuracy and fluency in speaking
- develop your confidence in speaking
- enrich your vocabulary
What is the level of this course?
This course aims at the C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). Students can:
- can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognize implicit meaning.
- can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic, and professional purposes.
- can produce clear, well structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organizational patterns connectors and cohesive devices.
How long does it last?
The course lasts 10 weeks. Each lesson lasts three hours and takes place once a week. Lessons begin at 10 minutes past the hour scheduled. Each lesson includes 1 twenty-minute break.
What are the components of the course?
The course content includes speaking components. You can find a detailed presentation of the course components in the Course Description.
What material will I use?
During the first session, the instructor will outline the material to be used.
Is there anything else I need to know?
The course includes in-class presentations.
We expect that you will:
- participate actively in all class activities and discussions and follow your teacher’s instructions.
- prepare assignments before or on the deadline set by your teacher. Exceptions to this policy will be considered on an individual basis.
- attend every lesson on time. Your course status may be affected if you are absent for more than five hours.
|Prerequisites||At least Advanced 1 or placement test (on line or on site)|
|Who should attend||Adults, who are at least 16|
|Certificate of Attendance||Yes|
|Available to Buy Online||No|