Meeting web standards
Hellenic American Union believes the Internet should be easy-to-use for everyone, including those with disabilities. With this in mind, we have adopted a policy of accessibility and have designed this website to meet current web standards. We are doing this to ensure our sites are compliant and can be displayed by W3C standards compliant browsers.
The site conforms to the Web Accessibility Initiative of the World Wide Web Consortium, levels 1 and 2, which is the de facto standard for web accessibility metrics.
The website has been designed with these accessibility guidelines in mind:
- We make sure that navigation throughout the site works in a consistent way.
- We use a standard web font to make it easy for all to read. In most cases, the size of the font can be adjusted according to the users’ needs, using standard browser and operating system options.
- We never use color as the only way to convey information.
Hellenic American Union has developed its own accessibility guidelines, which take into account standards and accessibility best practice from a number of sources.
While the pages can still be accessed in older browsers, to see them laid-out correctly will require a standards compliant browser. If you would like to upgrade your browser we recommend the latest free versions of Firefox and Internet Explorer. Mac OS X users may also consider Safari.
- Accessibility Standards:
- Online Lynx viewer: online text browser Lynx.
- JAWS screen reader: download a free trial copy of the screen reader Jaws.
- MAGic screen magnification: information on screen magnification software.
- WindowEyes: screen reader software.
- Firefox Accessibility: Accessibility features of the Firefox web browser
In this section:
Center for Applied Linguistics & Language Studies, Center for Examinations and Certifications, Operations and Vocational Training