Learning Greek Videos
A series of free video lessons to help you learn Greek as a foreign language are offered. This is not a complete program for the learning of Greek language. If you are interested in finding out more about our online program you may visit www.hellasalive.gr
List of Videos: Beginner's Level
- Lesson 1: Introductions (1)
- Lesson 2: Introductions (2)
- Lesson 3: Greetings
- See the complete list of the Learning Greek Videos
Level and Content of the Video Lessons
The videos provide simple but authentic language in real-life everyday contexts. The language you will hear in the videos is appropriate for a beginner. Each video lasts from a few seconds to 2-3 minutes.
Material and Structure of the Video Lessons
On the web page for each of the lessons you will find:
- A short description of the situation for the dialogue you will view in the video.
- The video itself.
- The video with Greek subtitles
- The video with English subtitles.
- The script for the video in both Greek and English, key vocabulary from the lesson; explanation.
- Activities that are based on the vocabulary or grammar features that appear in the lesson.
Steps in Using the Video Material
We believe you will get the most benefit out of the material by following these steps:
- Familiarize yourself with the context of the video by reading the short introduction to the lesson at the top of the page.
- Watch the video without subtitles
- Watch the video with Greek subtitles
- Watch the video with English subtitles
Do all the activities in the order they appear
Learning Greek Online: The Hellas Alive E-learning Platform
The videos come from the Hellas Alive learning platform, a distance-learning program for students of Modern Greek that the Hellenic American Union has developed in cooperation with Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in the United States.