Teaching Young Learners
Teaching children aged 6-12 can be challenging but rewarding for the teacher.
The aim of this workshop is to raise awareness of and develop practical skills which are required to teach young learners effectively. Use these practical ideas on how to teach children in order to design and try out your own activities.
During the course, participants will:
- Identify characteristics of young learners and discuss stages of child development
- Become familiar with principles of effective classroom management
- Reflect on how to use new techniques and methods creatively, e.g. how to use technology effectively and how to exploit Internet resources fully
- Evaluate and get the most out of coursebooks
- Introduce meaningful and fun techniques to develop young learners' listening, oral, reading, and writing skills
- Design lesson plans and accompanying materials, incorporating storytelling, drama, songs and chants
- Develop a repertoire of games and other activities
|Certificate of Attendance||Yes|
|Available to Buy Online||No|
|Days and Hours||Start Date||End Date||Hours per Week|
|Sat. & Sun., 9:00-17:00||25/04/2015||26/04/2015||7.5|