We are pleased to announce that, in addition to the other Cambridge English exams it administers, the Hellenic American Union Center for Examinations and Certifications will also be offering Business English Certificates (BEC) exams.
Cambridge Business English Certificates, also known as BEC exams, develop the English language skills to communicate confidently in an international workplace and prove to employers that holders have the English language skills to succeed.
There are three exams in the BEC suite of exams, each one targeted at a different CEFR level. The content for each exam is based on everyday work, business tasks and is designed to develop candidate’s Business English skills.
- Business English Preliminary (BEC Preliminary) is the first of the BEC suite of exams; it is set at CEFR Level B1 and includes three papers (Reading & Writing, Listening, Speaking).
- Business English Vantage (BEC Vantage) is the second of the BEC suite of exams; it is set at CEFR Level B2 and includes four papers (Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking).
- Business English Higher (BEC Higher) is the third of the BEC suite of exams; it is set at CEFR Level C1 and includes four papers (Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking).
Among the reasons why candidates may opt for the Business English Certificates (BEC) exams are the following:
- Success in business-related studies with English language skills which can be proven.
- Improvement of career opportunities with the English language skills necessary for success.
- BEC certificates are accepted globally by top international companies as well as education institutions and business schools.
The Hellenic American Union will be administering BEC exams as of May-June 2018.