Approaches to EFL Teaching: Speaking
Speaking, one of the fundamental skills when it comes to foreign language learning, appears to be a challenging skill to acquire since it cannot be practiced individually but only within the interactive environment of a group.
In this framework, teaching speaking skills becomes an equally demanding task for EFL teachers not only towards language learning itself but also in connection to exams preparation. This interactive activity focuses on the speaking skills students are expected to develop for real life communication (including English language examinations). Participants will gain valuable insight into the basic principles of teaching these skills in the framework of Teaching English as a Foreign Language. The teaching principles and practices explored during the activity will help teachers more effectively prepare their students for English language certification examinations while enhancing their own teaching skills.
- Understand essential teaching principles
- Be exposed to various methodological approaches to teaching speaking
- Employ selected teaching strategies according to audience and language level
- Design and plan speaking tasks of various levels
- Teaching theories and fundamental principles
- speaking approaches
- speaking skills and speaking strategies
- speaking tasks – strategies to employ
- Teaching speaking in the classroom
- the stages of a speaking lesson (pre-, during and post)
- Designing activities focusing on Speaking
- from theory to practice