Learn how to write political and economic content for digital and print media
Journalism and reporting can offer a wide range of news and content categories, giving various opportunities for young journalists to experiment and test different types of journalistic material. We see that young journalists, or graduates of journalism schools, lack basic knowledge of concepts specific to political and economic issues, such as terminology, institutions, etc.
This 12-hour seminar on political and economic reporting will help journalists who are not familiar with these two types of reporting understand fundamental concepts and gain the necessary skills to pursue a career in specialized reporting on politics or economics. The seminar also helps participants distinguish the differences and the specific requirements of other types of news reporting (for example freelance reporting, international news reporting, sports etc.).
- Understand the role and the duties of a political and financial or business writer/ reporter, and the requirements of news readiness
- Analyze all key concepts and terminology of political and business reporting
- Various writing techniques for print/broadcasting/digital media, and how to prepare various content types for each one of these media
- Research for information and information sources for print and digital media
- How to present the news live on TV and radio
- How to produce various types of content used in television media (for ex. videos)
Introduction to political institutions and analysis of political reporting
- A brief review of political history and institutions (with a focus on Greece)
- General principles of opinion polls - public opinion surveys
- What exactly does a political writer/editor do?
Introduction to economic institutions and analysis of economic reporting
- A brief review of economic institutions (Greece and abroad)
- What special economic and political background knowledge is necessary for an economic writer/ editor, and how does this differ from the knowledge required from an economic analyst?
Techniques for collecting information (reportage)
- What sources do political and economic writers/editors?
- How is 'on-the-spot' reporting done?
Writing techniques for print media
- How do we write a piece for a newspaper?
- What is the difference between a daily and a weekly (for ex. Sunday paper) publication?
Writing techniques for online media
- How do we write content for digital media, and how is it different from newspaper content?
- How to stay in touch with the newsroom to capture news and updates immediately
News presentation techniques for broadcast media
- How do we broadcast live news on television and radio?
- How do we create a video to support the news message? For ex. videos for a TV newscast.
Ο Αιμίλιος Περδικάρης τελεί σήμερα Πρόεδρος του πρόεδρος του Αθηναϊκού και Μακεδονικού Πρακτορείου Ειδήσεων (ΑΠΕ - ΜΠΕ).Σπούδασε στη Νομική Σχολή του Εθνικού και Καποδιστριακού Πανεπιστημίου Αθηνών κα ...Learn more