CRISC Prep Course
The ISACA Athens Chapter with the support of the Hellenic American Union offers a 3 day prepration course for CRISC exam candidates. The course focuses on the essential areas covered in the CRISC exam and offers a variety of sample exam questions enabling participants to gain a "feel" of the format and the types of questions encountered on the exam.
The CRISC certification
Introduced in 2010 by ISACATM, the CRISCTM certification is designed for professionals with hands-one xperience in risk identification, assessment and evaluation, risk response, risk monitoring, IS control design and implementation, and IS control monitoring and maintenance.
CRISC applicants must have met and continue to meet the following requirements:
- Successful completion of the CRISC examination
- A minimum of at least three (3) years of cumulative work experience performing the tasks of a CRISC professional across at least three (3) CRISC domains
- Adherence to the Code of Professional Ethics
- Adherence to the Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Policy
The CRISC Prep course addresses the full process and content components in the five content areas determined by ISACA. The latest job practice analysis performed by ISACA reflects the work performed in risk identification, assessment, evaluation, response and monitoring and in the design, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of IS controls.
- Introduction to the CRISC Exam
- Overview of the content areas as determined by ISACA, on which the candidates are examined
- Determining the level of knowledge required for the content areas to meet the examination’s expectations
- Particular topics which are popular exam questions
- “Philosophy” of the examinations’ questions
- Testing conditions, “model” answers to sample questions
- Reference tools
CRISC is an examination which tests the candidates' understanding and experience so, by definition, success cannot be "taught" but this course will help you to identify any areas where you may need to spend additional study time. Participants should continue to study the course materials and rehearse the sample questions after the course until the exam date.
Download the full description of the CRISC Prep Course (.pdf, 985 KB)
Introduction to CRISC: Approaching the CISA Examination
- Percentage of test questions and survey results
- Definition of content, tasks questions, model answers
Domain 1—Risk Identification (27%)
Identify the universe of IT risk to contribute to the execution of the IT risk management strategy in support of business objectives and in alignment with the enterprise risk management (ERM) strategy.
Domain 2—IT Risk Assessment (28%)
Analyze and evaluate IT risk to determine the likelihood and impact on business objectives to enable risk-based decision making.
Domain 3—Risk Response and Mitigation (23%)
Determine risk response options and evaluate their efficiency and effectiveness to manage risk in alignment with business objectives.
Domain 4—Risk and Control Monitoring and Reporting (22%)
Continuously monitor and report on IT risk and controls to relevant stakeholders to ensure the continued efficiency and effectiveness of the IT risk management strategy and its alignment to business objectives
View the complete CRISC Job Practice.
|Prerequisites||Basic understanding of IT Mananagement and Information Security Management|
|Who should attend||Professionals seeking overall understanding of essential IT Risk Management and Controls.|
|Certificate of Attendance||Yes|
|Continuing Education Credits||20|
|Available to Buy Online||No|
|Partner Institution||ISACA Athens Chapter|
|Days and Hours||Start Date||End Date||Hours per Week|
|Thu, Fr, Sat., 9.00-17.00||08/10/2015||10/10/2015||24|
In this section:
Operations and Vocational Training
Business & IT
Massalias 22, (7th & 6th floor)
Business Programs: 2103680006, 2103680907, 2103680056, 2103680927