Practical information about the ICFE
- Who can take the ICFE?
- Why should someone take the ICFE?
- Who recognizes the ICFE?
- Who administers the ICFE examinations in Greece?
- Where and when are the ICFE examinations administered by the Hellenic American Union?
- How can candidates register for the ICFE examinations administered by the Hellenic American Union?
- How can candidates prepare for the ICFE examinations and get help?
- How and when are the results announced?
- Description of the ICFE examination
The ICFE is for both students of accounting or finance and accountancy and finance professionals.
Students of accounting or finance can use the qualification to:
- find employment in an international finance context (accountancy firms, government agencies and other organisations)
- study accounting or finance in English, either in Greece or abroad.
Accountants or finance practitioners can use the certificate to:
- find new employment in an international finance context (accountancy firms, government agencies and other organisations)
- get promotion within their own organisation
- study towards an accounting or finance qualification
- improve their ability to conduct business internationally or with international clients and colleagues
- improve their examination and classroom performance in finance and accountancy exams
- prove their commitment to professional development.
Accountancy firms, government agencies and other organisations can use the ICFE as an essential tool to:
- recruit staff with appropriate language skills
- develop globally consistent levels of English language proficiency with employees throughout the world
- plan in-house learning and development programs.
The ICFE provides the most reliable reflection of its holders’ language skills. It is:
- a high-quality exam that covers all major varieties of English (such as British English, American English)
- designed to be fair to users of all nationalities and linguistic backgrounds
- supported by the largest research program of its kind.
The ICFE is accepted by leading organisations throughout the world:
The Hellenic American Union is the only ‘open’ examination center authorised to administer ICFE examinations in Greece.
The Hellenic American Union administers ICFE examinations in Athens and Thessaloniki.Written sections are administered together over the course of a morning whereas speaking sections are administered on the same or a different date, before or after the written sections administrations.
Following are dates, fees, and registration periods for the upcoming ICFE examinations administered in Greece under the auspices of the Hellenic American Union:
|Examination||Date||Exam Fees||Registration Period|
|ICFE||November 19, 2016||220 €||01/09 -07/10/2016|
Candidates who wish to register for the ICFE examinations administered by the Hellenic American Union must submit the appropriate application form to the Hellenic American Union Center for Examinations and Certifications within the registration period set for each administration.
Download the application form:
A wide range of preparation material is available to candidates and teachers by Cambridge English.
Test results are usually available about six weeks after the test date. Candidates’ Statements of Results include details of their performance on each of the papers.
Passing grades are the following: “Β2 Pass”, “C1 Pass”, and “C1 Pass with Merit”.
Candidates achieving a passing grade receive a certificate awarded by Cambridge English.