Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB)
The Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) evaluates English language competence of adult, nonnative speakers of English at levels B1-C1, as outlined by the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
The MELAB is intended for
- Students applying to United States, Canadian, British, and other educational institutions where the language of instruction is English
- Professionals who need English for work or training purposes
- Anyone interested in obtaining a general assessment of their English language proficiency for educational or employment opportunities
The MELAB is a secure test and is administered only by authorized official examiners. It is awarded by the University of Michigan, one of the leading U.S. Universities in the field of linguistic research, with lengthy experience in establishing and developing a broad range of English language examinations.
The MELAB is officially recognized in Greece (levels B1, B2, and C1) by the state (ASEP/Supreme Council for Civil Personnel Selection). It is also recognized in several countries by many educational institutions and organizations as an alternative to the TOEFL.
- MELAB Format and Content
- MELAB Schedule, Fees & Registration Period
- Practical Information about the MELAB
- Registering for the MELAB
- Prepare for the University of Michigan Examinations and Get Help
- Taking the test
- Find out your MELAB Results and Receive your Certificate
- Academic support for Language School Owners and language teachers