Visit to the National Historical Museum
On July 28, 2011, students from our Intermediate 1 and 3-level courses visited the National Historical Museum.
The museum has been housed in the neo-classical Old Parliament Building since 1960. This building, designed by the French architect F.Boulanger and completed in August 1858, served as the first Greek Parliament.
Its collections include flags and trophies, weapons, sculptures, medals of the 1821 War of Independence, and a large collection of national costumes. This visit broadened the students’ knowledge of Greek history and civilization. The day finished with a coffee at a nearby café.