Installing and using iTunes
To listen to the lessons-podcasts, you must first have a podcast reader installed on your computer that will allow you to subscribe to our lessons.
Following, are some instructions on how to download iTunes and how to subscribe to our podcasts using iTunes.
Instructions to subscribe to the Learning Greek podcasts using iTunes:
- Navigate to the Apple site by typing or copying the following address in your browser http://www.apple.com/itunes/
- Click on Free Download. Ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements as specified on the page.
- Click on Download iTunes – Free. You will be asked: “Do you want to run this software?” Name: iTunes Publisher: Apple Computer, Inc.
- Click Run. When prompted to select a language, choose the language of your preference and click OK. Once the setup is complete, open iTunes by double-clicking on the shortcut on your desktop or on the Programs list.
- Open your browser and navigate to the location of the Hellenic American Union site that offers the links to subscribe to the Learning Greek podcasts. Copy the link located next to the RSS image.
- Open iTunes and click on the main menu item at the top called Advanced.
- Click on Subscribe to podcast… and paste the link you copied earlier in the new window and click OK.
Congratulations! You have now successfully subscribed to Learning Greek Podcasts from the Hellenic American Union.
Your next step is to download the podcasts to your iPod or any other mp3 player. To do this, simply connect your iPod to your computer. When iTunes has detected that your iPod is connected, you can make adjustments as to how often you would like iTunes to update your listing for new lessons/podcasts etc.
Instructions to adjust the iPod and podcast settings within iTunes
- You will find the adjustment options in Edit to Preferences under the iPod tab. First select the radio button next to “Automatically update selected podcasts only” and check the box right next to Learning Greek Podcasts from the Hellenic American Union. In the Update list box below select All episodes.
- Next, update the settings for the podcasts. Click Edit to Preferences and select the Podcasts tab. In the list box “Check for new episodes" select “Every week”. In the list box “When new episodes are available” select one of the available options Download all, Download most recent, or Do nothing. One last step is to select how episodes are stored by choosing on of the options in the Keep list box.
After you adjust the settings, your iPod will be updated accordingly. At this time, do not disconnect your iPod until the “Do not disconnect” does not appear on the screen of your iPod. Once your iPod has been updated, you will be able to listen to the podcasts.
Disclaimer: The Hellenic American Union cannot be held accountable for third party software or for the content of external websites.