1. These terms (the “Terms”) regulate your use of the website www.hau.gr (the “Website”) of the association known as “Hellenic American Union” and based in Athens at 22 Massalias St., 10680, Athens, Greece (henceforth “we”) . Using the Website means that you fully and unreservedly accept these Terms. If you disagree with the Terms, or do not want to be bound by them, do not use the Website. If more specific terms regulate the use of any section of the Website, those terms will apply together with these Terms. However, in the case of conflict, the more specific terms of the use of this section prevails.
2. You are obliged to use the Website for legitimate purposes, in honesty and good faith, and in accordance with the applicable legislation and regulations, as well as with the instructions which appear on the Website. As you are using the Website on your own initiative, you are personally responsible for safeguarding your device from viruses, hacking, cyberattacks and malware. You must refrain from doing anything that could limit or prevent third parties from using the Website, overload , undermine or corrupt it, bring it down, damage it or cause it to malfunction. You must also refrain from any illegal, abusive, or improper actions when using the Website. You are responsible for any harm done to us through acts or omissions you commit that breach of your obligations under these Terms.
3. The Website is offered on an “as is” basis. You use the Website at your own responsibility. We do not guarantee – and so are not liable for – its functionality and content. Although we make concerted efforts in this regard, we cannot guarantee the correctness, completeness or integrity of the Website or that it is up to date, free of technical defects, accurate, clear, suitable, valid, or that the information and content will be provided without interruption, or that you will be able to use or access it at all times. We are not responsible in any circumstances for any loss you suffer by using the Website and from the information on it. That information, and any other information we provide via the Website, is not a direct or indirect prompt or advice to engage in any action that has financial results. You should examine and evaluate the information provided, and then act as you see fit.
We have taken all steps needed to ensure high levels of security and to safeguard our Website in line with standard business practice. We regularly update our protection systems and anti-virus software has been installed. Nonetheless, we cannot guarantee you will be securely connected to our Website and that it is virus-free, and we bear no responsibility for damage to hardware, software, files or other forms of loss caused by viruses or malware.
4. If you register a username and password in the context of the Website, you acknowledge that such data is exclusively personal and its use or the grant of its use to third parties is explicitly forbidden. You have the sole responsibility for (a) any theft, loss or disclosure in any way of your username and/ or password (unless this arises from our acts or omission) and if such happens, you are obliged to notify us without undue delay, so that we can take action to replace them ; and (b) for any actual/ positive damage and loss of profit suffered due to the above.
5. The commercial name, trademark and other distinctive signs and entire content of the Website (excluding protected third-party rights), which includes texts, graphics, photographs, videos, news, articles, information, data, diagrams, images, product/service names and descriptions, as well as the interface, look and layout of the materials and the software, are our exclusive intellectual and industrial property and are protected by the relevant provisions of the intellectual and industrial property law.
You can print, copy, or save specific sections of the Website content as long as you make reference to the source. You can only do this for personal information and use, and not for commercial or other purposes. It should be clearly understood that this is not a copyright license under any circumstances.
In all other respects, all acts or measures taken without our prior written consent relating to any manner, means or type of copying, reproduction, deletion, republication, sale, transmission, distribution, execution, publication, uploading, translation, modification and exploitation of all types of materials, part thereof or otherwise, which appear on or are part of the website, are prohibited.
All other trademarks, distinctive signs and third-party copyrights which may appear on the Website are protected by their lawful owners.
6. The Website may contain links, hyperlinks and banners which will take you to third party websites that we do not manage, and whose content we do not control. For this reason, we cannot accept responsibility for those websites or their content or their processing of personal data and provide no type of guarantee, recommendation or approval concerning them.
7. We reserve the right to revise these Terms when we deem it necessary. Any change is applicable from the time it is uploaded to the Website. By continuing to use the Website after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.