This is an intensive exam-prep course aiming at the effective preparation of students for the TOEIC® test, which provides all-level certification in English. As far as the Greek state is concerned, the Supreme Council for Civil Personnel Selection (ASEP/ΑΣΕΠ) recognizes levels B1-C2 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
At this course, students are typically expected to be able to:
- understand and use English in everyday work activities
- understand and use English in workplace settings
- communicate in English with others in business, commerce, and industry
This course provides practice in reading, listening, grammar and vocabulary. It includes targeted practice on tasks and activities following the TOEIC® test format.
- The reading component typically consists of a variety of texts in a business-oriented context as included in the selected textbooks used or in the additional teaching material designed by the Academic Team specifically for the needs of the course. Students will also practice in the types of reading activities found in the TOEIC® test.
- The listening component reflects language used in real-life situations in the workplace and consists of listening to statements, questions, short conversations between two or more people, and talks given by one speaker. Students will practice exam-type listening activities for the TOEIC® test.
- The grammar component consists of the complete verb system and its subcases, passive voice, causative form, the use of gerunds/infinitives, indirect questions, conditionals and wishes, inversion, emphatic structures, etc.
- The vocabulary component consists of vocabulary used in the following content areas commonly found in TOEIC® test questions: accommodation, advertising, business & work, buying & selling, entertainment, food & drink, health & fitness, money & finance, renting & leasing, technology, travel, etc. Particular emphasis will be given to the vocabulary contained in the practice tests for the TOEIC® test.
- Students will practice through tests simulating the time and conditions of the exams.
- Remedial Lessons
- Support Lessons
- Discount for Speaking classes