The Basic Greek workshop is especially designed for absolute beginners in Greek and focuses on simple words, structures, expressions and skills used in everyday communication situations and activities.
Upon completing this workshop, students are typically expected to be able to:
- be familiar with the Greek alphabet,
- understand and use familiar, everyday expressions,
- talk in simple terms about themselves, their immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need,
- understand and produce written texts,
- communicate in simple terms with people talking slowly and clearly.
This workshop provides practice in vocabulary, grammar, speaking, listening, reading, writing.
- The listening component typically consists of listening to excerpts -at a clear and relatively slow speech rate- from everyday interpersonal conversations, voice mail messages and specially designed podcasts etc.
- The speaking component typically consists of pronunciation practice, tasks requiring (self-)introductions, exchange of personal and professional information, making reservations, asking for instructions etc.
- The reading component typically consists of adapted and authentic texts as included in the selected textbooks used or in the teaching material specifically designed by the Academic Team for the needs of the workshop.
- The writing component typically consists of short messages, e-mails and instructions, etc.
- The grammar component typically consists of the use of the definite and indefinite articles, verb tenses, adjectives and adverbs, etc.
- The vocabulary in this course typically consists of high-frequency vocabulary associated with the topics under discussion, such as family, friends, events, food, accommodation, etc.
- Remedial Lessons
- Support Lessons
- Discount for Speaking classes