Shipping loans have special features that distinguish them from conventional loans. This explains the structure and main clauses of a shipping loan.
Upon completion of the seminar you will:
- be familiar with the classic ship financing agreements and loan types
- understand the practical process of completing the contract and disbursing the loan
- Types (sources) of funding and costs
- Forms of loans (term loans, revolving facilities, syndicated loans, multicurrency, etc.)
- Basic terminology of shipping (offer letter, acquisition/ capital requirements financing, debt/equity ratio, asset cover ratios, securities etc)
- Loan offer (term sheet/offer letter)
- Classic maritime loan structure and clauses and related legal documents (documentary conditions precedent and subsequent – legal opinions)
Insurance legal transactions
- Ship mortgages
- Mortgages on flags of convenience
- Pledge of accounts
- Personal and corporate guarantees
- Insurance and insurance assignments
The seminar can be organized exclusively for your company, if you have a group of staff who are interested. The content, dates, and schedule will be tailored to their needs.
Zoom is a web-based video conferencing tool, compatible with Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android, that allows users to meet and attend classes online. You can use Zoom from your PC or laptop, but also from your iPad or smartphone. You will have to download Zoom to one of your devices to be able to attend this program. We will send you a step-by-step guide once you register. If you use your PC or laptop you will also need a webcam, microphone, and speaker. Most computers have a microphone and speaker, but you can also use a headset with a microphone for better sound quality.
Stamos Theloudis earned his LL.M degree from the Law School of the University of Bristol in 1991. He was admitted to the Athens Bar Association the following year and has since been practicing law.His ...Learn more