Shipping loans have special features that distinguish them from conventional loans. This explains the structure and main clauses of a shipping loan.
Upon completion of the seminar you will:
- be familiar with the classic ship financing agreements and loan types
- understand the practical process of completing the contract and disbursing the loan
This seminar is offered in Greek with terminology, examples and exercises offered in English.
- Types (sources) of funding and costs
- Forms of loans (term loans, revolving facilities, syndicated loans, multicurrency, etc.)
- Basic terminology of shipping (offer letter, acquisition/ capital requirements financing, debt/equity ratio, asset cover ratios, securities etc)
- Loan offer (term sheet/offer letter)
- Classic maritime loan structure and clauses and related legal documents (documentary conditions precedent and subsequent – legal opinions)
Insurance legal transactions
- Ship mortgages
- Mortgages on flags of convenience
- Pledge of accounts
- Personal and corporate guarantees
- Insurance and insurance assignments
You can register, or have your employer register you up to one day before the start date of the program if there are still available places. Add the program to the shopping basket. The first time you place an order you need to register. For company registrations please check the box “I am booking on behalf of my company”. Then, you fill out your personal details and you select an invoice or receipt to be issued. Then you must pay the tuition fee. Payment is available by: a) debit, prepaid, or credit card (interest-free installments will be visible if available), b) Bank payment ID, that you can use to pay at the bank or via ebanking, or c) IRIS and direct debiting your bank account.
Please note that once you successfully place your order you will receive an automated confirmation message. This does not mean that your registration is complete. Your place is reserved once you pay the relevant tuition fee. When payment is visible, we will contact you to confirm your registration. Employers who enroll 3 or more employees in the program receive a 10% discount on the total amount of fees. This discount is visible in the shopping cart.
Zoom is a web-based video conferencing tool, compatible with Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android, that allows users to meet and attend classes online. You can use Zoom from your PC or laptop, but also from your iPad or smartphone. You will have to download Zoom to one of your devices to be able to attend this program. We will send you a step-by-step guide once you register. If you use your PC or laptop you will also need a webcam, microphone, and speaker. Most computers have a microphone and speaker, but you can also use a headset with a microphone for better sound quality.
The seminar can be organized exclusively for your company, if you have a group of staff who are interested. The content, dates, and schedule will be tailored to their needs.
Stamos Theloudis earned his LL.M degree from the Law School of the University of Bristol in 1991. He was admitted to the Athens Bar Association the following year and has since been practicing law.His ...Learn more