To celebrate the 100th anniversary of the birth of Renos-Panagiotis Rotas, Hellenic American University and the Institute of Psychosomatic Medicine are holding an event titled: “Stress in a Pandemic Era”, on Wednesday December 14th, 2022, at 19:30, at the Hellenic American Union’s Theater, 22 Massalias St., Athens.
The event is being held within the framework of the activities of the Hellenic American University’s new graduate program in Stress and Health Management, designed by Professor George P. Chrousos.
Speeches will be delivered by:
- V. Rotas, Internist: “Renos-Panagiotis Rotas, Psychosomatic Medicine, and the Institute’s action”
- G. Pavlakis, Director-Researcher at National Institute of Health (NIH): “Stress and COVID-19”
- I. Aggelopoulos, Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry at the University of Athens: “Brain and the placebo effect”
- G. Chrousos, Professor Emeritus of Medicine at the University of Athens: “Homeostasis, Stress and Psychosomatic Medicine”
- D. Boschiero, Biomedical engineer: “Technological Advances in the Study of Stress”
- Ch. Giapitzakis, Associate Professor of Genetics at the University of Athens: “Epicurean Philosophy and Stress Management”
Renos-Panagiotis Rotas introduced psychosomatic medicine to Greece from Freiburg, Germany in 1964. As part of his multifaceted action, he founded the Hellenic Scientific Medical Society for the Study of Psychosomatic Conditions.
Admission is free.