Upon request, the Hellenic American Union Center for Examinations and Certifications offers the opportunity to students preparing for the ECCE and ECPE to participate in respective mock examinations. In this manner, the Hellenic American Union gives perspective ECCE and ECPE candidates the opportunity to prepare better and more effectively for the Michigan Language Assessment examinations it administers.Mock Tests
What kinds of mock examinations are offered?
Mock examinations comprise administration of the following ECCE and ECPE sections:
- ECCE: Listening and GVR
- ECPE: Listening and GCVR
What kinds of materials are used during the mock examinations?
- Materials used for the mock examinations are authentic; they have been developed by Michigan Language Assessments (MLA).
- Mock examinations materials are different from any examinations materials used during actual examinations.
- Mock examinations materials are secure and confidential, exactly as materials used during actual examinations.
How are the mock examinations administered?
Mock examinations are administered by the Hellenic American Union Center for Examinations and Certifications exactly as real examinations, in terms of all procedures involved (duration, instructions, seating, etc).
When and where are the mock examinations administered? At what cost?
- Mock examinations are administered on specific dates, in accordance with real ECCE and ECPE administrations dates.
- Mock examinations are administered in Athens and Thessaloniki at the Hellenic American Union premises or other suitable venues.
- Fees may apply. For more information, please contact us.
Who can participate in the mock examinations?
Participation in the mock examinations is open to all students preparing for the ECCE or ECPE, either individually or by attending examination-preparation courses.
What are the benefits for students who participate in the mock examinations?
Participating in the ECCE or ECPE mock examinations benefits students in several ways:
- They become familiar with the actual format and general content of the ECCE or ECPE Listening and G(C)VR sections.
- They gain experience in participating in high-stakes mock examinations before they take the actual test.
- They receive detailed written feedback on their performance; they can use the feedback individually or in cooperation with their teachers to focus on areas that require further improvement. Participants should know that their performance in mock examinations in no way guarantees similar performance in the same actual examinations.
How can students participate in the mock examinations?
- Individual students and Foreign Language School owners should contact us for more information.
- Foreign Language School students should contact their School for more information.