The course aims at a smooth and progressive introduction into the pre-A1 level. The course includes pre-reading, pre-writing, listening, and speaking components that draw on new trends in educational technology and language teaching.
At this level, students are typically expected to be able to:
- recognize the English alphabet and gradually write words and simple sentences,
- understand (very) basic language concepts,
- use (very) basic target vocabulary in line with their age,
- develop basic literacy and numeracy skills.
This course provides practice in speaking, listening, reading, writing and vocabulary.
- The listening component consists of listening to (very) simple songs, stories, short videos and basic listening tasks, such as finding, circling, or matching the correct pictures.
- The reading component mainly consists of pre-reading practice using phonics, CVC words, sight words and gradually short phrases/paragraphs/texts based on the vocabulary previously taught.
- The writing component focuses on pre-writing activities, such as tracing and writing letters that progressively extend to producing very simple words and sentences.
- The speaking component consists of highly controlled pronunciation practice through repetition and drills, phonemic awareness, asking and answering very simple yes/no questions, describing pictures on the basis of one-word utterances.
- The vocabulary component consists of (very) basic target vocabulary on matters suitable for students’ age, such as colors, body parts, toys, etc.
- Remedial Lessons
- Support Lessons
- Discount for Speaking classes