This course focuses on a targeted preparation for the University of Michigan ECPE exam (Level C2). It includes intensive practice in reading, writing, listening and speaking as defined for the ECPE exam drawing on new trends in educational technology and language teaching.
Upon completing this course, students are typically expected to be able to:
- understand with ease virtually everything heard or read
- summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments in a coherent presentation
- express themselves spontaneously fluently and precisely, differentiating subtle conceptual nuances even in more complex situations
- meet the requirements of the C2 level certification exams of the University of Michigan (ECPE)
This course provides practice in reading, listening, writing, speaking, grammar and vocabulary. It also includes familiarization with the ECPE format and preparation for the examination.
- The reading component typically consists of authentic or adapted texts of a considerable length as included in the selected textbooks used or in the additional teaching material designed by the Academic Team specifically for the needs of the course. Students will get practice in the types of reading activities found in the ECPE exam.
- The listening component reflects language used in real-life situations and consists of listening to a variety of TV/radio interviews and commentaries, conversations, talks or lectures, technical or scientific analyses, etc. Students will practice exam-type listening activities for the ECPE exam.
- The writing component consists of writing descriptive and opinion essays, articles, proposals, etc. and practicing on writing activities found in the ECPE exam.
- The speaking component typically consists of exam simulation and pronunciation practice, discussing topics, describing events, role-playing, dialogues, giving both sides of an argument, reaching a consensus, etc., and practice in the types of speaking activities found in the ECPE exam.
- The grammar component consists of the complete verb system and its subcases, inversion, the use of gerunds/infinitives and the subcases-exceptions to their use, direct and indirect speech, passive voice, causative form, conditionals and wishes, emphatic structures, etc.
- The vocabulary component consists of phrases, synonyms-antonyms, word building, expressions, idioms, collocations, dependent prepositions, subtle conceptual nuances and variations, euphemism and sophisticated vocabulary, etc. Particular emphasis will be given to the vocabulary contained in the practice tests for the ECPE exam.
- Students will practice through tests simulating the time and conditions of the exams.
- Remedial Lessons
- Support Lessons
- Discount for Speaking classes
Get the Certification
The ECPE constitutes an official certification of knowledge of the English language at C2 level.