Speak Up A workshop targets guided practice in spoken language and expressions used in different topics and communicative situations associated with daily routines and activities in family-, working- and city-related contexts.
This workshop is especially designed to meet the linguistic needs of adult students at A1 and A2 level (CEFR, Basic user) as regards the development of their speaking skills in different communicative situations and tasks. Following a theme- and function-based approach, participants will be exposed to level-specific spoken input before asked to participate in mini oral tasks (e.g., class discussions, role playing) or prepare their own class presentation.
By the end of this workshop, students are expected to be able to communicate in basic, often everyday, communicative situations in English with some degree of confidence and a set number of functional expressions and phrases in their repertoire.
The workshop mainly focuses on the following topics:
- Greetings/asking for & giving personal/professional information
- Describing people, family, friends, work, jobs
- Daily routine/hobbies, leisure activities, sports
- Making arrangements & suggestions/offering advice
- Asking for & giving directions/locating places on a map
- Going shopping (types of stores, prices, etc.)
- Describing food (ingredients, tastes, eating habits, local & international cuisines) / ordering food & beverages
- Travelling/tickets/sightseeing/making reservations