This course aims at the A2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). The course includes reading, writing, audiovisual, listening and speaking components that draw on new trends in educational technology and language teaching.
At this level, students are typically expected to be able to:
- understand the general meaning of simple conversations,
- express themselves in writing in a simple way but clearly,
- respond in a simple way to everyday situations that cover a wide range of language functions,
- describe in simple terms aspects of their background or their immediate environment and talk about routine matters of immediate need.
This course provides practice in listening, speaking, reading, writing, grammar and vocabulary.
- Some of the topics covered are: people, food, Greek celebrations for Christmas and Easter, means of transport, household chores, travelling, sports and activities, visiting the doctor or the pharmacy, arranging a meeting place with friends or colleagues, etc.
- The listening component consists of listening to excerpts -at a relatively slow speech rate- from everyday interpersonal conversations/interactions (e.g., in a travel agency, the metro, in a pharmacy, etc.).
- The speaking component typically consists of conversations about everyday life issues, questions/answers on familiar topics, descriptions of one’s social/professional background, etc.
- The reading component mainly consists of reading short texts to collect information, draw conclusions, etc.
- The writing component consists of writing short dialogues, short texts with a simple structure and basic information, short notes/messages on matters of immediate need, etc.
- The grammar component consists of verb tenses, adverbs, the comparative degrees of adjectives, nouns, possessive adjectives, pronouns, prepositions, sentence connectors, etc.
- The vocabulary component consists of high-frequency vocabulary associated with the topics under discussion.
- Remedial Lessons
- Support Lessons
- Discount for Speaking classes