Each workshop aims to further develop skills at the C2 level – following the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)- focusing on the ECPE examination and drawing on new trends in educational technology and language teaching.
Upon completing the workshop of their choice, students will have received targeted practice in the part of the examination they are interested in. They will also be expected to have strengthened their skills and developed the appropriate strategies that will allow them to meet the requirements of the test.
- Boost your Vocabulary Skills
- Boost your Grammar Skills
- Boost your Writing Skills
- Boost your Speaking Skills
- Boost your Listening Skills
- The Boost your Vocabulary Skills Workshop typically consists of working with affixation (prefixes, suffixes, infixes), word roots, idioms (definition, sub-types, function), phrasal verbs (definition, prepositions, and particles), semantic fields, and familiarization with practices and ‘smart choice’ strategies in the respective part of the test.
- The Boost your Grammar Skills Workshop typically consists of practice on verb tenses, the use of gerunds/infinitives, passive voice, causative form, conditionals, wishes, inversion, patterns of emphasis, relative clauses, participle clauses, subjunctive, conversational grammar, and familiarization with practices and ‘smart choice’ strategies in the respective part of the test.
- The Boost your Writing Skills Workshop aims at familiarizing students with a variety of writing topics and the genres involved in the writing part of the ECPE exam, namely essays, articles and proposals simulating test conditions and the standard time allotted in the exam. Students are also expected to develop their skills through detailed and continuous (often simultaneous) feedback which helps them organize their ideas effectively and select accurate and appropriate language patterns and structures.
- The Boost your Speaking Skills Workshop typically consists of discussing a variety of topics simulating the ECPE exam. Students will practice their speaking skills while using effective speaking strategies for the different stages of the oral exam. They will also analyze the different registers involved when interacting in different situational contexts. Throughout the workshop, students will receive useful tips for developing their test-taking strategies in the respect part of the test.
- The Boost your Listening Skills Workshop typically consists of practice on pronunciation, rhythm, intonation/stress, idioms, phrasal verbs, useful colloquialisms, easily confusable and polysemous words, understanding questions and their functions, eliminating distractors in multiple choice items, and recognizing effective ways of developing and constructing arguments in discourse flow.
- Remedial Lessons
- Support Lessons
- Discount for Speaking classes
Get the Certification
The ECPE constitutes an official certification of knowledge of the English language at C2 level.