Mastering the English language skills you need to effectively deal with conflict and difficulties at work
At some stage of our working life, we will have to deal with conflict in the workplace. Conflict can take the form of disagreement over a project or goal, personality clashes, complaints by clients, or simple misunderstandings in daily tasks.
This 12-hour online course will introduce you to practical conflict resolution techniques and the language skills applied in different stages of problem solving in English. You will master conflict related language functions such as identifying the root cause of the problem, stating opinions, negotiating and proposing solutions.
The course is based on role plays and case scenarios that will help you improve your speaking and listening skills in English when dealing with similar situations at work, with clients, colleagues and associates.
Introducing types of conflict and the process of resolving it
- Types of conflicts and difficulties that may arise in the workplace
- Reviewing different stages of the conflict process
- Talking about potential ways to resolve problems
Starting the conversation
- Opening the discussion, presenting your point of view and addressing conflict
- Talking about the impact of someone’s behavior
- Identifying the cause of a problem
- Asking someone about their perception and opinion on the matter
- Demonstrating active listening
- Agreeing and disagreeing diplomatically
- Making your voice heard
- Describing consequences of conflict
- Resolving differences
- Influencing through verbal and non-verbal communication
- Clearly saying what you want and making concessions
- Suggesting and proposing ideas
- Confirming understanding
- Handling complaints
- Giving feedback on positive actions
You can register, or have your employer register you up to one day before the start date of the program if there are still available places. Add the program to the shopping basket. The first time you place an order you need to register. For company registrations please check the box “I am booking on behalf of my company”. Then, you fill out your personal details and you select an invoice or receipt to be issued. Then you must pay the tuition fee. Payment is available by: a) debit, prepaid, or credit card (interest-free installments will be visible if available), b) Bank payment ID, that you can use to pay at the bank or via ebanking, or c) IRIS and direct debiting your bank account.
Please note that once you successfully place your order you will receive an automated confirmation message. This does not mean that your registration is complete. Your place is reserved once you pay the relevant tuition fee. When payment is visible, we will contact you to confirm your registration. Employers who enroll 3 or more employees in the program receive a 10% discount on the total amount of fees. This discount is visible in the shopping cart.
Efi Panagiotopoulou holds a BA(Hons) degree in English Language & Literature from the National & Kapodistrian University of Athens, School of Philosophy and an MA degree in Advertising & M ...Learn more